From the "Dean" Collection. Restoration by Todd Rasmussen.
This is a 600cc BMW 1955 R67/3. It was beautifully restored by Todd Rasmussen of Oklahoma City. Note the plunger rear suspension, exposed and chromed drive shaft, "mechanic's hand shift", telescopic forks, front stand and full-width brake drums. The finned covers over the exhaust nuts were popular aftermarket additions.
The R67 was the first postwar 600cc BMW motorcycle. It was built for one year, 1951, and the R67/2 was built in quantity from 1952 through 1954. The R67/3 is the rarest postwar BMW motorcycle. Only 700 were produced in 1955 and 1956, overlapping for two years the introduction of the Earles-fork and swing-arm equipped "/2" models.
This R67/3 has a speedo in KMH. Mileage is exempt as the speedo was changed.